Hydraway Waterproofing System
Hydraway has built a great reputation protecting investments of homeowners through innovative technology in waterproofing. Hydraway can be installed in your basement, crawl space, used for exterior drainage, and installed behind retaining walls.
Hydraway will capture water before it enters your basement, relieving hydrostatic pressure and resulting in a dry, comfortable area. Utilizing a four step process, Hydraway Drainage System protects your largest investment.
First, our certified installer removes a small section of the floor in the impacted area. Next, small weep holes are cored beneath the floor slab to release hydrostatic pressure (for block walls only). The Hydraway System, consisting of Hydraway 2000 and Hydraway 300, is then inserted. Lastly, the removed section of the concrete floor is repoured to original thickness, ensuring its structural integrity.
Benefits of Using the Hydraway Waterproofing System
In addition to a dry basement or crawlspace, here are some other reasons to utilize the Hydraway Waterproofing System for your waterproofing installations.
- Proven history of successful installations worldwide — residential, commercial, and industrial.
- Capacity to handle 70% more water than other methods — greater relief from hydrostatic pressure.
- Polypropylene filtration ensures the Hydraway System will never clog; No known failures worldwide.
- Fusion bonding of the filter to the core adds significant strength to withstand extreme conditions.
- Long-term waterproofing
- Removes Water 70% faster
- Warranty on workmanship and materials
- No Clogging or Backups
- Minimal disturbance to foundation and surrounding areas
Hydraway System Components
The Hydraway waterproofing system utilizes three components to remove moisture, and keep it out of your home. The components are:
- Hydraway 2000 – works to remove water and channel it far away from your home, by working in tandem with Hydraway 300.
- Hydraway 300 is situated in the weakest part of your foundation, where the floor meets the footing, to direct water towards the Hydraway 2000.
- Hydrapump directs the water away from your home using a series of exterior pipes.
The Hydraway Drainage System is ideal for residences that suffer from poor drainage and leakage issue. The Hydraway Waterproofing System offers a better investment than the “French” drain or “drain tile” methods because it is a permanent solution that has zero instances of clogging or backed up water in the two decades MDTI has been installing the product.
The specially engineered design of the Hydraway 2000 permits high flow rates for rapid dewatering of the soil, while effectively preventing passage of soil particles. It is made of a heavy-duty, clog-resistant geotextile fabric, permanently bonded to lattice core of 75% available open space for water. The design of Hydraway allows it to relieve hydrostatic pressure by acting as a shallow underdrain. The Hydraway 2000 is a cost effective and superior performing replacement for the “French” drain, or other conventional “drain-til” systems.
Hydraway 300 captures water at the foundation’s weakest point — where the footing, the wall, and the floor meet. Hydraway 300 is widely used to relieve hydrostatic pressure against subsurface structures. This system provides a built-in protection board in a one-piece construction.
Other applications include Retaining Walls, Exterior Foundations, Planter boxes, Landscaping, and Sub-Slab Construction.
Once the Hydraway System drains water from the basement or crawlspace, the water needs somewhere to go. Once installed, the Hydraway is connected to a sump pit that is situated within the soil. Inside the sump pit contains a sump pump that pushes the water up and out of your basement through the discharge hose. The Hydrapump captures water from the Hydraway system and routes it through drain pipes to the exterior of the home.
Waterproofing System Installation
- Small weep holes, which provide an escape for trapped water, are added beneath the floor slab in block walls only, effectively releasing hydrostatic pressure.
- Hydraway 2000 material is inserted into the soil.
- Hydraway 300 is installed above.
- Concrete is then poured over the product to replace the foundation removed in step one.